Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Sammy

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are a lot alike, everyone says, and even though the Ravens and Steelers football teams are sworn enemies, it's a good rivalry. 

Baltimore is home to lots of good foods, but I have long had my eyes on Pittsburgh's famous Primanti Bros. sandwich, which was invented so that truckdrivers could steer their Macks right past the Big Mac place while eating a one-handed sandwich in a beefy hand.


The sandwich offers meat (I'll take pastrami), provolone cheese, french fries, cole slaw, and sliced tomatoes on sliced Italian bread. They call it "Pittsburgh in a Sandwich" and I like the concept.

Now they are expanding their empire and our waistlines into Maryland for the first time. They're opening a Primanti Bros. Restaurant and Bar in Linthicum Heights today, and giving away free chow to the first 100 people in line.

Linthicum Height is way down by the Baltimore/Washington International Airport, and that's a way away from the Lazy 'C' ranch here. I will await their arrival in our part of town before I get to tucker into one of their delightful sammies, unless I have some reason to go to the airport, which I won't.

The Primantis say they're bringing cold beer, big portions, and lots of fun with them. It all sounds great if you're lucky enough to live in South Baltimore!

No comments: