Sunday, April 25, 2010

...and the other half on Sunday

Part Two!

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
Peggy Peggy Peggy!

34. Are you too forgiving?
I tend to be very forgiving once, and then, having been burned twice, I will close the door for good. Perhaps I should aim for the center a bit more...

35. Ever been in love?
Yes for years and years now

36. What is your best (good) friend(s) doing tomorrow?
Everyone is working!

37. Ever have cream puffs?
Yes, and they have had me.

38. Last time you cried?
One day when the windows were open and the pollen was a-flyin'. That's the only way I cry, from allergies. Otherwise, my tear ducts are closed for business.

39. What was the last question you asked?
Is the garage door locked?

40. Favorite time of the year?
Fall

41. Do you have any tattoos?
No, but I want "Heaven Doesn't Want Me and Hell's Afraid I'll Take Over" on my right bicep. Or "Love Forever Changes" on my left bicep.

42. Are you sarcastic?
Duh.

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
Seen it? I invented it!

44. Ever walked into a wall?
No. A tree in the mall, yes.

45. Favorite color?
Brown.

46. Have you ever slapped someone?
Men don't slap. We pummel.

47. Is your hair curly?
If it grows out

48. What was the last CD you bought?
Hank Snow's train songs collected on one CD called "Snow on the Tracks"

49. Do looks matter?
I get a lot of dirty looks and they don't matter

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
Nope. Sorry. It's not going to be an issue for me, but I could not move past that. Sorry.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?
No, even though Peggy sends about 127 texts per day...oh wait, I do that. Never mind! But we have a great cell plan, since we have been with the same provider since Cellini invented the cell phone. A service rep once told me on the phone, "Dude! I would kill for your plan!"

52. Do you like your life right now?
Love it all

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
No, just a t-shirt and boxer shorts

54. Can you handle the truth?
Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Uh, what was the question again?

55. Do you have good eyesight?
Through the miracle of cataract surgery/lens implants, I can clearly now; the rain has gone.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
Disapprove of many actions or principles, but don't hate.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?
Texting saves many a convo.

58. The last person you held hands with?
My Peggy

59. What are you wearing?
tshirt and gym shorts

60.What is your favorite animal?
The horse you rode in on.

61. Where was your profile picture taken at?
Bertucci's when we were there with Kaiden and his mommy.

62. Can you hula hoop?
No way. I'd disengage my sacroiliac.

63. Do you have a job?
Yes and I love it!

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
Probably gas or something that gave me gas

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Crawled, and jumped, and climbed in and out. Not once with my pants in my hands, I'm proud to add.

No comments: