Saturday, June 25, 2011

"If you're so nostalgic, take a bicarbonate of soda!" - Joe E. Ross

I guess I am prone to nostalgia, so I find myself watching That 70's Show because I miss the 90's so much.  That's when the show debuted, after all, 1998.  What a great decade!

But when you look at those old 70's reruns, and see the cast, I remember when the shows were all new and we all thought that Ashton Kutcher would wind up being the biggest star to come out of that bunch.  Now he is getting ready to replace Charlie Sheen in another sitcom.

Laura Prepon, tall and lovely Donna Pinciotti.  What's she doing lately? Haven't seen her.





Hyde?  That Danny Masterson guy?  Witness relocation, for all we know.





Topher Grace, Eric Forman.  He's in movies now and then; he always seems to be playing a young, conflicted college graduate.





Lisa Robin Kelly, Eric's promiscuous sister Laurie, is now appearing in North Carolina police mugshots for DWI.





Wilmer Valderrama, who was Fez, is now the voice of Handy Manny.  The woman I know who so closely resembles Donna Pinciotti, although much prettier and more capable, has a son who watches Handy Manny.  The circle is complete, my friends.



And so, as James Lipton would say, that brings us to the marvelous Mila Kunis.  Milena "Mila" Kunis, when she was trying out for the part, was told that all the actors had to be at least 18.  She said, "I'm going to be 18!"  Which was true.  Also true: she was 14 when she said that.

I am crazy about Mila Kunis, who was born in the Ukraine in 1983 and moved here in 1991 and learned to speak English by watching Bob Barker on The Price Is Right!  Mila Kunis, who not only played Jackie on the 70's Show but also is the voice of Meg Griffin on Family Guy, and if you don't think she is a great actress, well, think of how unattractive Meg is - Mila can even make herself sound haggy! That's acting, is what that is!  And she has been in movies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Black Swan, and Extract.

She only got to this country twenty years ago and I'm glad she did!


No comments: