Thursday, October 21, 2010

E = Mc Rib²

Well, it's time for hunting again, and as always, I can't wait.  I am ready to go.  I have my maps, my special clothes, my boots, and the other supplies necessary for the annual quest.

No, I am not about to go traipsing across wooded acres and recently-deshocked corn fields in search of deer or squirrel.  My bounty is that rarest of culinary treats: the elusive McRib ®.   

NPR had a story about it and it sparked the old fire within me to go huntin' fer the tastiest sammy this side of a WaWa Shorti ®.  The story brought me the best news since the CW renewed "Life Unexpected" - the McRib will be available at ALL McDonald's for six weeks beginning November 2.

"It's not a real slab o' ribs, ya know.  It's flaked and formed pork and pork by-product, pressed into the approximate shape of spare ribs."  Hey, no kidding. I also know that ribs don't come off the hog, slathered in bar-b-q sauce, topped with onions and a pickle, and slid between the yawning maws of a bifurcated sesame roll.

I just know that I love McRibs and I am sorry for those who have never dwelt in the rapturous state that eating one can induce.  I read in this article about people who will drive ten hours to a McD's that has the McR on their McMenu, as they all tend to do from time to time.

And what is wrong with that?  People stand in line for three days to see a Star Wars movie about a google-eyed spaceman.  And in that amount of time, look at how many McRibs they could be eating!

No comments: