Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ring the bell; I'm there

I tried, I tried. Heaven above knows I tried. I tried to remove myself from contact with the sinful temptation, and still, here I am.

Addicted to American Idol.

Damn!

And they even made it easier NOT to like it this year, with this new judge, Kara DioGuardi
. Something about her...she's like the girl in school who was a cheerleader and Student Council president and Glee Club captain and yet no one liked her. But, she seems to like herself enough to make up for it.

And if anyone worked with Paula Abdul
since last year's season finale, in hopes of making her comments seem at least a teeny bit rooted in earthly reality, well, that fell far short too.

Really, you have to sit through the words of three judges before you hear from the one who speaks truth. And even though Simon has a nasty streak about him, he doesn't offer false encouragement or call everyone "dawg" or stand up and dance at just any mundane vocal performance.

Still and all, I thought I might be able to break the bonds that week after week, year after year, have led me to tune in Fox two or three nights a week when I could be doing so many other things. But again, all it takes is that siren call of Ryan Seacrest
crooning "THIS!..........is AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!" and it's like a Pavlovian response from me, without the bells ringing and the drooling.

And oh yes...my money is on Ms Alexis Grace this year:


Let's just see where all this winds up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny - good today. Yes, American Idol draws us in year after ridiculous year! I'm there with you, though! I haven't quite warmed up to anyone yet, but I know I will as the weeks go on, and on, and on!