Saturday, October 2, 2021

The Saturday Picture Show, October 2, 2021

 

I should have listened to that guy from Circuit City. He TOLD me that portable laptop computers were on their way, but no, I had to go this route.
84 days between today and Christmas. Plenty of time to install a filter to make sure you don't have to hear "The Christmas Shoes," "Wonderful Christmastime," "Santa Baby," "Please Daddy, Don't Get Drunk This Christmas," and "Dominick The Donkey." They will be in your ears before you know it. 
This photomania is based on a simple Instagram filter - so simple even I can do it, to the consternation of dozens of people who don't care to see an endless cascade of my grinning mug.
I decided against it long ago, and you can too!
I share this as a public service for any high school senior class looking for a yearbook cover.
Yes, I'm here to claim my car. It's the white '83 Diplomat with the spotlight on the left side. 
This 1956 Ford ad bragged all about the safety features it had. They were all optional, because, oh you want it to be safe? Cost you a little extra...
27 tons of Honeycrisp apples! My personal favorite, on the way to your lunchbag.
Attention seniors! They still give you this test at your annual physical. First they make you draw a clock face, and then you have to show what it looks like when it's ten after eleven. (Don't be a wise guy like I was and ask, "AM or PM?") Then they will give you three words to memorize. Don't be a wise guy and say, "Respect your elders."
Woodlawn Memorial Park, Wade Hampton, SC, is where you will find the eternal resting place of "Shoeless" Joe Jackson, the baseball immortal known for his shady-yet-disputed involvement in the Black Sox scandal, and for being portrayed by Ray Liotta in "Field Of Dreams." Fans still visit, festooning his grave with bats, balls, and, yes, shoes. His lifetime average of .356 attests to his greatness.

No comments: