Monday, September 24, 2012

Election projection

With just a month and a half, more or less, until the election, I figure that most people have made up their minds how they are going to vote.  And IF they are going to vote.  Any turnout less than 100% disappoints me.

The only big thing in the MD election would seem to be the referendum over building a new gambling palace.  Proponents are running TV ads about how great it would be to have more More MORE gambling in the state, and they say that we will all benefit from the loot pulled in by slot machines and so forth.  Opponents say it's not a good deal for the state, but then it turns out that the money for the ads in opposition to the gambling dens is coming from the people who operate gambling dens in neighboring states.  Obviously, Marylanders wouldn't flock across state lines to gamble so much if they didn't have to. And so that goes.

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the congressional races, and here and there someone with about as much chance as a Lutheran running for Pope tries to unseat an incumbent, spending a lot of money for very few votes.

And here's what I'm thinking.  Nothing I say is going to change anyone's mind about whom they support for president, and for doggone sure, nothing anyone sends me is going to change my mind about my chosen candidate.

So I hereby pledge that I am not going to post, or write, or circulate anything about the candidates until after the election.  No need to dive into a well of nastiness when we all know who's going to win anyway.

Don't worry, I'll have plenty of other stuff to talk about.  Replacement referees, the price of steak, my annual Spring Fashion Preview:  all just ahead!

No comments: