Monday, November 22, 2010

77,777

So I was thrilled the other night on the way home from work...the odometer in the truck hit the nice round lucky number 77,777 miles.  Which is not a round number at all, I guess, but you have to admire the symmetry.


Maryland has laws against texting and using a handheld phone while driving, and so I'm fairly certain that using a cell camera to take a picture of the dashboard would be frowned upon.  I pulled over into an alley to get a shot of the famous digits.




So with all that luck riding on my side, how does it come that the VERY NEXT MORNING, on my way to work, after giving many thanks to above that we were spared the wreckage wrought by the tornado, and praying for those not so lucky to get through this all right, the CHECK ENGINE light came on?




$478.69, but as my friend Jamie down at the Credit Union said, at least it wasn't $77,777!  See! It's all in the perspective!


This could be I.
And a young lady who works at the fabulous Jones Toyota, the people who gave me the free use of a Rav4 to get home and back to work while the truck was on the lift, wants to buy the truck.  And paint it black.  And lift it another 5 inches so that it takes on Brobdingnagian proportions, like you see above.




And she said she's gonna take me off-roading!  In my former truck!  


"Hello, GEICO?"



No comments: