Saturday, July 13, 2024

The Saturday Picture Show, July 13, 2024

 

What would we do without a nature closeup around the Picture Show selection squad? White pine with a fresh dewdrop, right here, just for you!
That's duckwalking AC/DC guitar star Angus Young, who always describes himself  as a "wee lad," walking with his wife and their bodyguard on the Highway to Baskin-Robbins.
It's a shame that the Oakland Athletics are moving out of Oakland, with plans to be homeless until a baseball palace fitting their needs can be built in Las Vegas. Until then, they will share a minor-league ballpark in Sacramento starting next year. This ponderous pachyderm resides at the Oakland Zoo and has no plans to move. The Athletics have proudly had a white elephant as part of their logo since 1902, when a rival manager dismissed the team as a "bunch of white elephants," and that tradition continued along as the team moved to Kansas City in 1955 and Oakland in 1967, and now sets their sights on Sin City with the peanut eater still on their jersey.
Some may object, and I am sorry, summer lovers, but for those of us counting the days until August...I might make this my wallpaper.
I'd be lying if I said I knew what crop this is, but there sure is a lot of it! 
Raise your hand if your family room looked like this. Look at all those hands! Plenty of recliners, cozy lamps, a giant ashtray, glass-topped coffee table with no coffee on it...the good days!
Some Babylonian from Ur feels he got ripped off on a load of copper, so he said, "Hand me a clay tablet and a stylus! I'm filing a formal complaint!" People have always been the same.
We've never taken our Eddie to the beach, but if we did, I know her eyes would be like saucers, taking in the largest sandbox she ever saw!
A classic 1964 Chevrolet parked next to one of those Tesla pickups that looks like an aluminum dumpster, or the "aerodynamically sound" race car you drew in 4th grade instead of working on your guzinthas. I said it and I'm glad.
It's in his blood, for sure. Honest! Say hello to Ralph...Lincoln...11th cousin of  of...Abe Lincoln. He is four score and seven years old...I guess.  

No comments: