Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Saturday Picture Show, June 6, 2015

This old album shows Frank Sinatra at his peak. He had his vocal shortcomings (I thought he hit flat notes all the time, and prefer Bing Crosby and Perry Como) but he sure knew how to wear a fedora.
A fascinating early 50's prom picture shows young Buddy Holley (before he dropped the 'e') and his girlfriend at the time, the wonderfully-named Echo McGuire.  I love Buddy's music, and I love "Echo" as a first name.
A bonus album cover for you this week...Buddy and his band.
I did not know of this habit, but it seems I am the only person in the world who didn't know that people in Paris like to snap a padlock onto a bridge as a token of their unbreakable love.  But when it gets to where tons and tons of extra metal are hanging from the bridge, that's where the bridge might have some structural safety issues, so they are being removed.  Next time, lovers, try a sticky note!

Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, huckleberries...I love most berries, but, even as pretty as they are, I am not a fan of strawberries.  If they had a Facebook page, I would not "like" it!
I have used the expression "since Hector was a pup" for a long time, but I never heard of this old dog food until I found this picture.
Sea gulls, the flying pooping aerial shows at beach resorts, like ice cream.  Just so's you know.
Christian McPhilamy is 8 yrs of age and lives in Melbourne, FL.  He put up with bullying for 2 1/2 years while growing his hair long, and he produced four 10-inch long sections that the family sent to Children With Hair Loss, a charity that provides free wigs to kids who have lost their locks for any reason, including cancer, alopecia and burns.  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.  Awesome, indeed.


No comments: