Thursday, September 5, 2013

Momentous

None of this is political, but some events of the past few days have the chance - yea, the likelihood - of affecting our lives and those of the recently-born for years to come.

Of course, I am speaking of Kim K, mother of NW, who, in her endless quest to worm herself into our consciousness has decided to turn bland blond.  If this matters to you, would you kindly send me a few words about why?  Just curious...

The other news that seems to grip the nation: the president put his feet up on the desk, enraging the fans of onetime movie star Ronald Reagan, who always wore a suit in the Oval Office, except when he didn't.

And John McCain was photographed during a lengthy Senate debate, playing with a poker game on his cell phone.  "Scandal!" he tweeted! "Worst part is, I lost."

As a longtime advocate of hoisting my size 13s up onto any horizontal surface, I say right on, Mr President.  I don't see what's so wrong about letting the blood circulate and giving your tensed-up calf muscles a little rest.
McCain on his McPhone playing McPoker

As for tiny games on the phone, I'm a Crazy 8's man myself, and, having seen House and Senate debates on the C-Span, I would not blame any congressperson if they brought in a portable DVD player to amuse themselves while the others drone on and on and on and on and on and on.

No comments: