Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Saturday Picture Show, September 21, 2013

 There is an entire genre of nature photography, known as the "A tree grew up through it" style.  There is one around with a bike that was parked against a sapling many years ago, and now this.  The old Chinese wisdom says that the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.  This could be a really cool Dodge panel truck.  Call it a "woody."
At first, I thought this was the office of some writer in the 30's, a place for Thomas Wolfe or W. Somerset Maugham to pound out masterpieces on the old Underwood typewriter.  But then I saw the modern phone.

 As much as I like Teresa Heinz Kerry, wish her good health and happiness and all the best for her husband, I have a list of foods that I would eat rather than consume canned spaghetti.  No need to share the list, but no thanks for canned noodles. I will eat Brussels sprouts first!
They say this is Lake Hiller in Australia!  You can believe that if you wish.  I have information that this is the natural spring from which we derive enough Pepto-Bismol to soothe the tummies of everyone who eats canned spaghetti!

No comments: