Wednesday, October 19, 2011

All in a spin

I like that "Modern Family" show on ABC, and believe it's the best sitcom on the air right now.  It's even funnier than that show with Howie Mandel - "Howie Met Your Mother" - which would be funnier if Howie showed up every once in a while.

And I think that Sarah Hyland, who plays space cadet daughter Haley Dunphy on "MF" is a very funny actress, but I have just decided that even if she pulls up into my driveway and offers to give me a ride to the Asian Buffet, I'd rather walk.  Ripped from the headlines: 

'Modern Family' Star Sarah Hyland Spins Out To Adele's 'Someone Like You'


Sarah HylandModern Family star Sarah Hyland and her boyfriend had a lucky escape last week after they lost control of their car while driving through a storm.

The young actress, 20, was accompanying her beau to an acting audition when their vehicle spun out of control on a Los Angeles freeway, and Hyland admits the scary incident left them "shaken up."

She tells Eonline.com, "It was so foggy you couldn't see 10 feet ahead of you. He (her boyfriend) had an audition and we were going through lines. He would have been focusing on remembering his lines (but) (Adele's song) 'Someone Like You' came on the radio, so we blasted it to sing along to it. And then we hit a water pocket...The wheels turned to the right and locked and then it spun.

"We were just really shaken up."

What I have always loved about showbiz kids is their total dedication to what they like to call their "craft."  Here's Sarah Hyland, riding along with her bf, in weather that calls for extra vigilance, and he's rehearsing his lines and they're blasting the radio to sing along with a lugubrious ballad, and suddenly they hit what they call a "water pocket," which I take to mean a "puddle."  Instead of, you know, paying attention to the road and all. And suddenly the wheels turned to the right, just like the volume control on the radio, and they spun out!

And I bet he kept doing his lines all along!

My free advice to Sarah Hyland - you're making plenty of money now.  Please hire a limo or call a cab if you two can't stop howling along with Adele instead of focusing on your driving!

My free advice to Adele - please sing like this.

Not that they will take my advice...




No comments: