Thursday, November 12, 2009

Carrie On


At 5'11", Caroline Michelle "Carrie" Prejean towers over no man.

Actually, she towers over a lot of them, but she seems so much taller because she is standing on her principles.

Ms Prejean was Miss California 2009, a title that is undoubtedly sought by many a beautiful young woman. She was first runner-up in the Miss USA pageant, brought to you by Donald Trump and his hair. She feels that she lost the crown because she gave a conservative answer to a question from pop-culture chronicler Perez Hilton about same-sex marriage.

Although she is from California, where over the years millions of people have gone in search of freedom and fortune, she made this statement when asked about marriage:
"In my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman."

Well, I think that I believe that whoever wants to marry whomever, it is none of my business, nor that of Carrie Prejean, nor anyone else.

And I also wonder how all of this came together this past week...she dropped the lawsuit she had filed against the pageant promoters, Mr Trump, and his hair, reportedly because the pageant promoters and Trump had a self-service video of Ms Prejean takin' care of business solo-style. If you catch my drift. Mr Trump reportedly wore a hat while watching the tape, lest his hair see her in action and get ideas.

And...how about this...she has a BOOK that came out this week! And so she had to appear on the Sean Hannity show and the Today show to point out that making the tape to send to her boyfriend was the worst mistake she ever made. And she looked so sad, but oddly defiant as she continues to try to cast herself as a wholesome woman who is against other people marrying the people they love. Others may not have the time nor the batteries to make the kind of tape she did, and they ought to be left the hell alone by people such as her.

This is why I prefer to be a liberal, and leave others to do as they will. I just read the facts and pass 'em along, which is why I want you to remember that in the pageant, she came in second, but she came in first on the tape.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

LMAO at that last sentence!!!!

Cindy said...

Love it, and it could not have been put in a better way!!!!!!