Tuesday, March 3, 2009

His 20-minute speech took over an hour to deliver!

A friend from the blogolopolis and I were discussing something she wrote on her blog ( I won't link to it; she is a very private person and I respect that) and I told her that I find her blog as "poignant as it is sporadic."

She retorted that I only put mine out daily because I am OCD.

I'll admit to a certain amount of that, although I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be. I've forsworn my habit of not leaving the house without having exactly six nickels, six dimes, six quarters and six pennies in my pocket, for instance. Things like that just seem less important as the years go by. I do, however, make sure that I always have my various tools, two pens, and several other items, but they are useful, and not just talismans of good luck or something.

The rabbit's foot that people used to carry didn't do much for the rabbit in question, did it?

I do find that the discipline, if you will, of putting a blog entry together every single day is worthwhile and keeps my head in the game. I'm not artistic, one of those who has to wait for a flash of inspiration to pick up my palette and begin daubing. Blogging is just typing up a conversation I might have already had, to me.

Which is why I lack the profundity of, say, Rush
Limbaugh, who publicly avers that he wants our president to fail. Nice touch, you logorrheic demagogue. I chanced to see him babbling on CNN at some sort of "Look at how conservative I am!" convention and he just played that audience like a snake oil salesman. The rubes were jumping out of their seats to hand him their money and fealty. I want him to stop talking like a know-it-all caller on a local sports call-in show.

Wonder who will get his wish first?

2 comments:

Ralph said...

"I'm not artistic..." Well, what's "art"? You do have a gift for putting words together in a funny, seemingly offhand way that usually gives me at least one chuckle a day. Example: the placement of the Oxycontin ad between "Rush" and "Limbaugh." That's funny and clever and I would have never thought of it. Art schmart. You have a gift.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with Ralph. You do have a talent. Knowing not just what to say, but how to say it, is the gift of writing.