Saturday, June 5, 2021

The Saturday Picture Show, June 5, 2021

 

My summer is just fine, thanks, because ME-TV has The Addams Family at 6 PM! I love wacky humor, and since this is based on the Charles Addams cartoons in The New Yorker, 001 Cemetery Lane is right up my alley! Fun Facts: Blossom Rock ("Grandmama") was the older sister of Jeannette MacDonald, the actress in those musicals with Nelson Eddy from the old days, and "Gomez," John Astin, a Johns Hopkins University alumnus, still lives here in Baltimore and is on the faculty at JHU.
Happy Pride Month! Allies unite.
If you don't recognize this actor right off, here's a hint: "Yippee Ki Yay, Mother"!
The doggone Roadrunner can do miracles with a can of paint!

I don't know if they still sell Life Savers anymore but I know, if they do, they cost a lot more than a nickel. 

This photographer's name is Charles C. Ebbets. He was one courageous cameraperson. You might not know his name, but you know his most famous picture...

I would sooner skip lunch.

This young woman found a wonderful surprise when seventy - 70! - of her classmates shaved their melons in support when she lost her hair to cancer. 
This is a good reason to get off the beach in Point Pleasant, NJ.
One good thing about limited pandemic seating was being able to move into the shade as the sun moved.

1 comment:

Andy Blenko said...

Great stuff! And I would sooner skip lunch too. Heights aren’t my thing at all.