Saturday, June 26, 2021

The Saturday Picture Show, June 26, 2021

 

Be honest with you, I'm not a fan of the taste or texture of strawberries, but I guess if you pile some atop shortbread and cover it all up with a mountain of whipped cream, I can stand them.
I've seen people asking why there aren't any fireflies hanging around in our yards this summer, and I'm guessing that maybe they don't go out to look for them because they're afraid of being dive-bombed by cicadas.
It's ok to preen a little when you know you're looking good!

This is A) a greatly magnified view of the surface of a vinyl phonograph record OR B) it's a picture of the sand dunes trapped in a crater on Mars.  

Go with "B"!

Here we find an ant who learned the hard way not to take a shortcut through the paint tray.
And here we see a baby giraffe using its own hindquarters as a pillow.
If you ever take an anatomy class, save this picture and show it around when the topic turns to "blood vessels of the human hand." 
What a lovely picture of a seaside home, as the waves break ever so gently on a summer morn. OR this is a picture of a mountain home in landlocked West Virginia. Again, go with "B."
I inherited a king's ransom worth of tools from my father, many of which I use all the time, and many of which sit in the toolbox he left me because I have no idea what to call them or do with them. I make up names like "Manual Stultifier" or "Left-Handed Knob Cracker," but that doesn't help. If you need one, I have one.
I'm quite certain no police force in this area ever used these Nash Metropolitans for their fleet, which saved many a cop the embarrassment of being called "Officer Beep-Beep."

1 comment:

Andy Blenko said...

That giraffe’s going to have a stiff neck!