Thursday, June 24, 2021

Max Appreciation

It must be awful to be attractive. Not that I would know, but good-looking people have trouble all the time with creepazoids bothering them, seeking their attention and favor.

It's like this in society: a woman goes to a restaurant or a bar, with or without others along, and some gozzlehead starts in with the sleazy lines ("I hope you know CPR, because you just took my breath away!") and in his dreams, the woman runs into his arms like always happens in shampoo commercials. 

I wonder what it is with these bothersome boors. Only the most delusionary person would think that a woman they are eyeballing in a bistro will return his ardor with like feelings, so that can't be it.

Maybe they know what sort of losers they are, and they take out their resentment over it by annoying people right and left. "If I can't have you, then I shall discomfort you as often as I can."

All that said, at least there are some helpers out there. Let's have a hand for Max Gutierrez, a bartender in St Petersburg, Fla. He was working the shaker one evening not long ago when he saw excessive pestering in progress in his saloon. Max stepped up and saved the day!

He wrote a note and passed it to the two women being tortured by the loser. One of the women is Trinity Allie, and she showed a picture of the note online: 


“If this guy is bothering you, put your ponytail on your other shoulder, and I will have him removed. He’s giving me the creeps.”

Trinity wrote: “This man was harrassssing (sic) me and my friend and the bartender passed this note to me acting like it was my receipt ! Legit the type of bartender everyone needs.”

Later, she wrote that Max hollered this at the would-be Lothario:  “You need to get the f—k away from these girls who clearly are not interested,” and then he gave him the gate. 

 “Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear Hawaiian shirts,” wrote an admiring observer.

The capper is: the loathsome loverboy came back into the bar to try to order another drink and was promptly given the bum's rush.

Ladies and Gentlemen, a hand for Max Gutierrez, please!

 

No comments: