Saturday, January 11, 2020

The Saturday Picture Show, January 11, 2020

It looks like a pizza, but you don't want to see Domino's showing up at your door with this - it's molten lava.
I look at this dining room (from a house-for-sale listing) and I think maybe the owner ought to be on the Dr Phil show, seeking stability. And he is. This is the dining room in the house of Dr Phil.
Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November. In Khartoum, all bets are off.
You wonder about the clean up crews that have to get Times Square swept up on New Year's morning? Here are some of them...what a job!

 "And we call this one 'Baby Turtle and Sea Foam'."
I don't know whether these things are done intentionally, but face it, plumbing fixtures can look sort of human...
I was really impressed by the cover art of this week's New Yorker. The artist is Pascal Campion, and the title of this picture is "Twilight Evening." I don't know much about art, but I like this a lot!
Back in the day, they sold products with little humanoid characters. Who remembers this little guy, "Speedy Alka Seltzer"?

No comments: