Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Saturday Picture Show, September 25, 2021

He's got kind of a shy grin, does he not? Ladies and gentlemen, say hi to the Red Forest Ant!
Let's say you're in some Florida swamp and find yourself being chased by these two beasts. Get to know who's who, before they eat you! That's an alligator on the left and a crocodile on the right.
And from way up north, the polar bear "borrowed" someone's camera to watch you being chased around by the alligator and the crocodile. 
Peggy loves that languid "Harvest Moon" song, so this picture is for her. I don't like languid music very much. But I love this moon picture!
Levi's must have sold 10 billion trucker jackets over the years. I had several: unlined denim, lined denim, 3/4 length unlined among them. I'm glad to see young men and women still buying them. They're just the right thing, with cooler weather coming up.
There are only so many face shapes and types and only three dozen or so scenarios for cartoons. "A bear was in a hammock" could be the starter for lots of great funny drawings.
Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson had this to say about flipping his way into the end zone with the winning touchdown the other night: "I'm kind of sore. I didn't want to tell coach because coach would've probably said something to me about flipping next time. I don't know. I'd probably do it again, though. It was pretty cool." Ah, how sweet the song of youth!
If I have a favorite butterfly, it would be the monarch, what with the Orioles color scheme and all. But if you want to see the world's largest kaleidoscope (that's the name for a group of butterflies!) of monarchs, then a trip to Pismo Beach CA is in order!
Old time postcards are all the rage for decorating. I used to love getting colorful picture postcards when friends went on vacation, but you don't see them anymore except for in antique shops, and they all say, "Arrived at the beach, enjoy the peppermint patties. Days hot, nights not, home Sunday.  Edna."

 I'm crazy about photorealistic painting. The skill, the effort, the time it must have taken for "L. Foster" to create this art! Just wonderful. 

No comments: