Tuesday, September 21, 2021

In the City Of Brotherly Love

Philadelphia sports fans may never live down the time they bombarded Santa Claus with snowballs, but things like this might help their reputation!

Last Wednesday night, the Phillies were playing at home, and a foul ball zipped into the stands down the third base line. As they will, kids of all ages dove for the free souvenir. 

Kids who really are kids have the advantage of being able to worm in between and under seats to grab baseballs before their elders can even get to their feet. In this case, a 10-year-old boy came away with the prized Rawlings ball. He said, “I’m following the ball and I see it hit the ground, so I went to go grab it and it was just exciting.” 

(I have to stop for a minute to tell you, this kid is born to nobility. His name is Aaron Pressley. I do not know whether his parents intentionally named him for Elvis Aron Presley, undisputed king of Rock 'n' Roll, but either way, young Aaron was born under a good sign, and here is why:)

After bathing in the glow of happiness for a second, young Pressley looked around and, "I look over and I see the girl, she’s crying,” he said.

She was Emma Brady, 7 years of age.

“A guy, he catched the ball and I tried to get it, but he was too quick,” Emma told the local Phila news. “I cried because I fell on my leg.”

And then!

“He came up to me and gave it to me,” Emma said.

Aaron gave his prize to little Emma.

“I was like it just didn’t feel right having the ball and knowing that somebody is crying so I had to just give it to her,” Aaron said.

 “She was just so polite, and she said thank you and we had to just take a picture together,” Aaron said.

Emma's parents gave him a Phillies gift card AND the Phillies gave him another baseball of his very own.  

And Aaron told the local news, “Be nice to people, because not a lot of people in this world are nice."

Somebody keep a check on this kid. I tell you, he's gonna be someone great.



No comments: