Wednesday, September 29, 2021

With this ring

Down at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, they like their hot dogs hot, according to one football fan. Local Raleighian (?) Will Yadusky was pregaming in the tailgate area the other Saturday when he lost his wedding ring. And he got help from  Wolfpack basketball coach Kevin Keatts!

Yadusky has been married for 16 years, but he still must have boney fingers, because, "I picked up a molten hot dog," Yadusky told WTVT-TV. "The point that I realized that, I just flicked my hands like crazy and hear this sort of pinball ding-dong-dong and realized, 'Oh, that was my wedding ring.'"

What did I say? The hot dogs down South are so hot, they're molten!

There he stood on the huge parking lot outside Carter-Finley Stadium. Some fans started helping him, and then he heard a familiar voice.

"Somebody goes, 'Coach Keatts?' And I look up and there's the man himself," Yadusky said. "And he's like, 'What are we looking for?'"

Coach Keatts, on his way to the game, stopped to join the search.

"He was like, 'You know, I don't know if we can let you go home without finding that,'" Yadusky said. "I was like, 'Well, I appreciate your concern, I do.'"

(Once again, I will beg for people to stop using "He's like" in place of "He said." I know it will fall on deaf ears, but I'm like, please).

Coach Keatts on the prowl

And it was Keatts who had the best idea to plot the ring's course. After all, he's used to basketballs bouncing all around. The coach said, "Don't think of it as a linear search -- it probably didn't go straight."

And the ring turned up a few feet from his hand. Yadusky said he was grateful to Keatts for his help.

"The fact that he took five, 10 minutes out his day on game day, that was the part that was really meaningful to me," Yadusky said. "I'm excited to know that he is in real life as good as a guy as he seems on TV."

Yadusky tweeted his thanks, and the coach tweeted right back, saying he "was really worried about you going home without your ring."

Now, about these "molten" hot dogs...

1 comment:

Jennifer K Robert said...

Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of Herpes, HPV HIV/AIDS & STDs, Diabetics , Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Arthritis, Chronic pains. etc. by herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Herpes for the past years but Dr Chike cured me with his natural herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know it is hard to believe but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App . +233502715551. text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 , or you can also contact through his Facebook Page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.