Monday, January 25, 2021

I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Driver

I'm not much for giving advice to young people, solely because I'm somewhat crazy, but I want you young 'uns to listen tight when people tell you that you have to finish college if you want to get a good job.

Sure, there are trades that pay well for those who complete an apprenticeship, but jobs as plumbers, carpenters, mechanics and so forth come and go all the time. Today's Smart Young Man and Woman want to build a solid career based on driving the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile!

You have to show the sheepskin from Old Siwash to land this position, but think of the fun you'll have, piloting a tubesteak along the highways of America. The Wienermobile came to our Giant Food way back in 2012, so we are due for another visit soon!

There are actually six of the hot dog cars on the roads across our nation, so Oscar is looking for a whole squad of hotdoggers. The job is for a year, but you have to figure, if you're really good at it, they will keep you forever!


For the gearheads among us, the chassis of a Wienermobile comes from a 2018 Isuzu medium-duty truck. It carries a 27-foot body, propelled by a 6.0-liter, 330-horsepower V8 engine. The headlights come from a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am, and the taillights are from a Camaro.

If they could only find a way to get it to run on catsup or mustard, they'd really have something!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I passed it one year on 83 South. One of the funniest things I've ever seen on the highway.

Mark said...

I hope it was following all posted traffic regulations.