Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Saturday Picture Show, May 6, 2017

I see a lot of baked goods being foisted off as bagels these days, and when you take them home, you find they are not much more than hamburger rolls with a hole in the middle. The real thing, a true bagel, is shaped, and then boiled in water before being baked. When made properly, you get something crispy and crunchy on the outside and dense and doughy on the inside...sort of the flour version of Rush Limbaugh, but anyway...
The magic of social media has brought me several friends from Australia and New Zealand, and I hope they will add more to this picture. All I know is that it shows the shores off Tasmania, and the Devil if I know more than that.
If you need some trees felled, you could do worse than to hire some beavers.  Look at what a nice, neat job they do.
This is from World War II, but it still should be posted in every workplace everyplace.  Of course, there should be a companion version showing a female in charge, and that would be where I would want to work, if I wanted to work. Which I don't.
I am no fan of sherbet, but I know a lot of people like it. I would eat a gallon of it right now if someone could promise me I would never hear people call it "sherbert."
Next time you find yourself in a hospital, here's an easy way to tell if the nurses have had it up to HERE with you. I love nurses. Please follow the plan!
Get out the card table! Pop some popcorn, open a quart of soda! It's Monopoly night in Baltimore, hon!
Today's free wallpaper is on deck.

No comments: