I got this quiz from faraway FB friend Sharon O'Neill in California. Remember when the internet was young and we passed these back and forth all day? Let's have some fun!
1. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER SOMEONE? Yes - Mark in the Bible! Which often comes as a surprise to those who see me as less than saintly, and to those who assume I was named for the WWII general. Fact is, my Dad was a Navy man, so it's lucky I wasn't named "Nimitz."
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? When we lost our beloved Deanna Griffin, 7/10/14.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No, and neither would you. It is awful. Whereas, my mother won penmanship awards in high school, and even when my father was writing little notes ("Mark: cut grass, pull weeds, wash car, pass Math") his hurried writing looked like calligraphy, and his calligraphy looked like that of a master.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? rare roast beef
5. DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN? I always answered "no" before, but here we are, late in life, parents to two cats, Edwina (named for Peggy's father Edwin) and Deanna (named for our Deanna).
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yeah, what the hell.
7. DO YOU ENJOY DOING LAUNDRY? For years and years, Peggy did it all and now I like to do it. The idea of tossing dirty clothes into a steel box for 35 minutes, pushing a button, and coming back to take clean, but wet, clothes and tossing them into another steel machine for 40 minutes to get dry foldable duds just appeals to me so much! Drop off your baskets to Mr Mark's Wash-O-Mat...in by 9, out by 5!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I am that one person in 10,000, according to my doctor, whose tonsils used to get infected yearly...and then just disappeared one year! I asked my hypothalamus and my duodenum and they claimed to know nothing about the tonsil caper.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I don't like to break any laws, especially the one concerning gravity.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Store-brand Crispix or Shredded Wheat.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No need...I slip right back into the Rockports!
12. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE STRONG? Yes. Why do you ask? Have you heard something?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Breyer's original vanilla for everyday use, and Haagen-Dazs chocolate brownie for special.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? That I am about a foot taller than they are.
15. RED OR PINK? Red socks every day, and Crimson Tide football!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? My overly-nit-pickiness about spelling, pronunciation, and grammar errors.
17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU wearing? Maroon gym shorts and sox, no shoes.
18. WHAT IS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A piece of toasted hippie bread with peanut butter on end and butter on the other.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO right NOW? Sirius SM Sixties on 6. Just heard "Summer Rain" by Johnny Rivers.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? My alltime favorite - Burnt Sienna.
21. FAVORITE SMELL? Those Yankee Candles that smell like autumn leaves
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The nice lady from the eye doctor's office
23. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Orioles baseball, Alabama football, Ravens football
24. HAIR COLOR? Born blonde, went brown, now mousy gray
25. EYE COLOR? Murky bluish green
26. WEAR CONTACTS? No need. Had cataract surgery and all I need is reading glasses
27. FAVORITE FOOD? All-American comfort food - hot roast beef sammies, mashed potatoes and string beans
28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. Hallmark movies never you down!
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Animal House for the 147th time
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Purple
31. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter please! All year!
32. HUGS OR KISSES? Both
33. FAVORITE DESSERT? Peggy's Brownies with ice cream
34. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING? The history of the song "Louie Louie" by Dave Marsh
35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Elvis
36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Orioles baseball and several newcasts
37. FAVORITE SOUND? Someone shouting "Baba Booey!" during a live tv broadcast.
38. ROLLING STONES or BEATLES? Beatles up to and not including Rubber Soul, and Stones ever after.
39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE TRAVELED? Eleuthera, Bahamas when Peggy won a trip to Club Med!
40. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Telling inappropriate jokes at inopportune moments.
41. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Baltimore MD, delivered by a Baltimore MD