Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Saturday Picture Show, January 18, 2014

 Stubbornness is not a becoming quality for any of us, but there's a way out of it.  Try seeing things in a different way for once.  That's what I keep telling myself to do!
 I can't tell if this was done on purpose, as some sort of front yard gardening/sculpture project or what, but the trees certainly grew together in an interesting fashion, didn't they?  It reminds me of the guy I knew who had to resign from his job as a tree surgeon because he kept falling out of his patients.
 So, you want to be famous, huh?  Here is an example of one of the drawbacks...poor Adam Sandler can't even stroll down to the Hollywood WaWa and get a coffee and a malted milk without having his picture taken.  It makes me sad to think that there are people whose job it is to hang around where people who are famous might go, and snap their picture.
This makes me sad, and mad, and disappointed.  This is a print ad for used models of a certain brand of car, which will remain nameless because I don't care to give them a free mention. The ad is aimed at men in my age group and older, and it's supposed to make them think, subliminally, that they would have a chance with a pretty girl like this if they just buy a car. The intimation that the girl and the car have both been in other hands before is sexist and rather stupid, but that's how they sell cars...by appealing to the id, rather than common sense, which flies out the window for some guys every time they see a pretty woman.  Listen, men: this woman does not want you. Buy a Toyota or something like it,  and pay your wife a little attention, for the sweet love of...your wife!

No comments: