Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday's Answers

If you were in love with someone & found out they had AIDS, would you stay?

This sounds as contradictory as George Bush attending peace talks, but there are two love credos to which I subscribe: Love Forever Changes and Love Stays. Love does change; a real love between two people grows and evolves, but the love never lessens. Love stays put, because, when you love someone, you've got to love them. In fact, when you do, you can't do anything else.


Would you rather have super strength or super intelligence?


From the looks of people I see strutting about, there is plenty of super strength to be had, so I'll go with brains. I hope to get some!


Do you think tattoos on the opposite sex are a turn on or turn off?
To me, they are really neither one, although I find tattoos saying such things as "Property of Earl" somewhat off-putting.


What was the last bet you made? Did you win or lose?
I was at the State Fair, I wandered over to the racetrack, I walked up to the window, and put down 2 bucks on the horse favored 2-1 to win the race just about to begin. I walked out, saw him thunder past all the other hosses, collected my 5 bucks, and walked away, making me the only person guaranteed to go to his grave bucks up at the Maryland tracks.


Do you own any tie dye shirts?
I have a shirt that I wear for grilling. The amount of barbecue, Worcestershire and teriyaki sauces that have splashed over that shirt make me want to start singing "What would you dooooooooooooooo if I sang out of tuuuuuuuuuuuune..." every time I go to the grill. And yes, I sing it out of tune. Don't stand up and walk out on me, please!


Do you give or receive advice more?
Oh, I give it far more than is called for. I was once advised to be less pedantic, but you know I failed to pay heed.


Do you get your feelings hurt easily?
sometimes, depends how much the person means to me.


Have you ever had a pillow fight?
Who am I, Rock Hudson or Sandra Dee or something?


What's your favorite condiment?
I've always been a fan of Trojans.


What is the longest amount of time you have ever talked on the phone?
When Peggy and I first met, we could talk for hours on the phone. And then the long-distance bill came in, and we talked about that for hours. Long-distance!


Do you like hot tubs or saunas better?
In Baltimore, every citizen is treated to a free Sauna every year. It's known as "July."


Do you like tank tops or tube tops better?
They're both fine for my purposes.


Have you ever been in a limo?
Yes. I can't forget being asked to give a limo driver directions from my father's burial site back to our house...and I was facing backward in the limo seat. Kind of off, giving directions based on where you've been, rather than what's ahead. But as you can see, we got home.


What about a cab?
Yes, but I have yet to do that scene where I hop into a cab and tell the cabbie, "Follow that car!" It's coming; I can feel it!



At what age did you first learn about sex?
Oh gee, it must have been on our honeymoon. Yeah, that's the ticket.


Is there a certain type of girl you go for?
A short, lovely, legal assistant with root-beer-barrel-colored eyes and chestnut hair and a grin that would make the sun rise just to see it and enough patience to have put up with me for 37 years, and a heart of gold. That's my kind of girl!


Would you ever go on a hot air balloon?
I have been surrounded by hot air for years and years and still stayed here on the ground. So, no.



Have you ever been scared for your life?

No. God is truly my shepherd.


Describe the most dangerous situation of your life:
It was in South Texas. We were quail hunting. I spotted a covey of quail and said, "Psssst! Mr Vice-President - over there!" And that's the last thing I recall.


Are you a negative or positive person?
I go for the positive, the encouraging.


Are you self conscious of anything?
I'm often not conscious at all.


Is there anyone that knows you better than yourself?
Peggy! It's uncanny!


Do you have any luck charms?
For years I carried a medallion from the Babe Ruth Museum to ward off The Curse of the Bambino.


What makes you nervous?
Cataclysmic impending doom, and guys who rattle their change.


In your opinion, which hurts more: physical or emotional pain?
Emotional pain lasts forever. Physical pain will go away, except for whatever this is with my back.


Was your last kiss, standing up, sitting down, or laying down?
It was a tender good-night kiss, delivered horizontally.


What do you look like right now?
What I'm going to look like later, just more disheveled.


Could you go for the rest of your life without drinking alcohol?
You're gonna deny me my one beer at night?


Who's bed were you on last?
The Bed Of Proper Spelling And Grammar, that's whose bed!


Does anyone have feelings for you?
Wouldn't that be nice?


Are you happy with the choices you've made?
Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention.



What were you doing last night at midnight?
Reading an old LIFE magazine and falling asleep.


Would you be able to date someone who doesn't make you laugh?
Well, no. I'm currently not dating, but I prefer to be around those who laugh and who make me laugh.


Do you know anyone named: John, Mike, Nathan, Joe, Tim?
yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.


What was the last movie you watched?
Wedding Crashers (again).


Has anyone lied to you today?
I haven't turned the news on yet.


Do you like to have long hair or short hair?
I've had both, and short saves time.


Have you ever started a sentence with "no offense, but"?
No offense, but who hasn't?


Do you want your life to stay the way it is right now forever?
It's fine and it's bound to get better in many ways and worse in some and then come to an end, at some disputed barricade. Sobering thought, eh?


Is anybody in love with you?
Dozens, I am sure.


Do you like pie?
Cherry or blueberry, but I've been avoiding it of late.


Have you ever dyed your hair an unnatural color?
Mother Nature is my colorist, so whatever shade of grayish brown or brownish grey I've going on up there is all natural.


Did you ever have one of those inflatable chairs or couches?
I don't need anything inflatable, thanks.


Why did you cry the last time you did?
A woman I worked with was killed and tears did not bring her back and I haven't cried since.


Your ex calls wanting to hangout, what do you say?
Who are you, again?


When was the last time that you were genuinely happy?
As they say in sunny Spain, ahorito mismo! Right this very second!


What are some things that you have to have everywhere you go?
cell phone, keys, knife, bandanna, watch, hand sanitizer, reading glasses.



How's your best friend?
Peggy is just fine, thanks.


When is the next time you will kiss someone?
The next time I see Peggy.


You're thinking about someone, aren't you?
Suddenly this quiz is taking on aspects of a lie-detector exam. Do I need a lawyer?


How many people have you held hands with in the past week?
one


Is there any emotion you're trying to avoid right now?
I find it best to let my emotions ebb and flow at their own choosing. Why repress them and anger-up my insides?



How many chances do you tend to give people before enough is enough?
Five.


Do you keep in contact with any of your exes?
I believe all the restraining orders and ex parte documents were quite clear as to how close I am allowed...


Is there a person of the opposite sex who means a lot to you?
Of course. People of all sexes mean a lot to me.


You doing anything fun today?
Birthday party for Laura!

No comments: