Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rough Idol

I'm a big fan of American Idol - have been for years - but am I alone in thinking that something is missing this year, something that makes the whole show seem sort of, lackluster? I don't know.

The nattering back and forth between Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest used to be amusing, until you read that Cowell makes about $149,000 per second to sit there and glower in the English manner. And Seacrest seems to have 47 jobs, so is his heart still in this one?

Kara DioGuardi, they say you have written a lot of songs, but I don't think I know any of them, and I wonder how objective you are, when you get all googly-eyed over that guy from Texas.

Randy Jackson, to his credit, has not mentioned once lately that he "used to play in Journey," and that's good, because he was not in the famous version of that band. Outside of calling everyone dawg and saying that what they did is dope, I don't get much from his critique either!

Which leaves me voting those four people off and thanking Ellen DeGeneres for being there. She is a real pro at entertaining people, and moreover, she really seems to be enjoying her time with these young people, some of whom can really sing, and some of whom will be back home any day now.

Any chance of calling Alexis Grace back to make things more interesting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uhhh we need Adam back :)