Saturday, January 17, 2009

ripped right out of my Facebook - 25 things about me

1 - I have voted in every election since 1972 and I have never once pulled a lever, connected a line or marked an X in a square for a Republican. And I promise you, I never will.


2. - When I was a kid I wanted to be a radio dj and so I was one.


3. - I consider that I have had two lives, and the "real" one began the day I met Peggy.


4. - I love to read The New Yorker cover to cover every week.


5. - I hate the selfish way some people drive, especially running red lights and entering the Beltway without so much as slowing down to await their turn.


6. - I believe that a pit beef sandwich is always a great lunch.


7. - I dislike any fabric that isn't 100% cotton, or wool for outerwear. Polyester is like wrapping up in Saran Wrap.


8. - I love grocery shopping and always have. It goes without saying that I love groceries. One of the reasons I wanted my license in high school was to be able to do the weekly shopping for the family at the A & P.


9. - I do not mind attending funerals and visiting the bereaved in funeral parlors. It means a lot and takes, what, fifteen minutes out of your day.


10. - Even if no one on this earth read my blog, I would still write it every day, because it feels good to express myself on a regular basis.


11. - It still thrills me to know that with a computer and internet access, one can read almost anything, learn about almost everything, peruse history, art, science and the very tenets of our culture, and still send to friends pictures of naked fornicators in vats of molasses.


12. - It also thrills me to know that with a scanner and printer, any home has the equivalent of a Xerox machine, and so there's no more need to run to the drugstore with a quarter to get a copy of Aunt Edna's peanut brittle recipe ( made with molasses.)


13. - I love old honky-tonky country music and the best of Modern Country - from Roy Acuff to Kid Rock, from Loretta Lynn to Taylor Swift. I also am a huge fan of the late 60's band LOVE.


14. - I still think Britney Spears is cute as a bug but I don't like her music at all.


15. - I have Seasonal Affective Disorder in reverse - I love cold weather a billion times more than warm, and sunny spring days leave me wishing for sleet.


16. - I am nowhere near as obsessive/compulsive as I once was but tardiness and poor grammar still cheese me off.


17. - I love driving my pick-'em-up truck.


18. - There is nothing quite so endearing as a smile from a small child. They are so guileless and honest; you know they mean it when they give you a grin.


19. - I sent a photo message on Wednesday at 6 PM and it showed up in a friend's cell inbox on Friday at 6 AM. Someone please tell me where this message spent 36 hours, apparently discorporated and naught but a pile of space pixels.


20. - I wear red sox every day in tribute to two great Americans: Garrison Keillor and Studs Terkel.


21. - Keith Olbermann is one of the most admirable people in America.


22. - How does it come that kids today can't ride in a car without a multimedia sound and sight sensation to stimulate them?


23. - Do teenagers still go mooning? Does anyone even know what mooning is any more?


24. - The young ladies who serve the chow where my mother lives are among the most patient saints on this earth.


25. - I love seeing what's up with friends on Facebook.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I always have. Always like to see what your thoughts are for the day!