Sunday, January 25, 2009

My quool quilt

My nephew Drew married Laura, star of her well-known blog Two Peas in a Pod. The two peas are now sharing the pod with another baby, the fabulous Finley, whom you met in this space before. Anyhow, Laura's splendid Mom Kathy spends time while in the car with equally-splendid Dad Russell listening to Books on CD and quilting! She made quilts for the twins' birthdays this weekend and for me for Christmas she made this incredible Elvis quilt, which keeps me snug on weekend naps. I get up at 5 AM on workdays, so to stay consistent I also drag it on outta bed early on weekends too, although I take a nap after breakfast. Now my nap takes on sort of a Broadway - Hollywood theme - it's The King and I!

I love my quilt and I love my extended family. Having the nephews get married, each to fine women with truly great families, has brought us a tremendous joy. And a quilt.

No comments: