Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mark's Thoughts - blog entry #200

My favorite foreign accent - Scottish. I love the burrrrrrrrrr when they speak. We once waited in line to meet singer Sheena Easton at a gym near here so I could hear her speak and watch her sign her name on a photo...What's with Parade Magazine always referring to people as, for example, the singer Josh Groban or the actor Brad Pitt? Are they the only people plying their trades any longer? You mean there is only one singer left singing?..While I'm asking, what's with Parade Magazine in general?..Is there a happier clothing circumstance than having to go down to the cellar to find the leather punch to put a new hole in your belt because the belt is now too doggone big!?!...What says "Modern America" better than leaving a Sticky Note on the dash of your hybrid automobile reminding you to pick up some pre-cooked bacon at the Pay-No-More?...Broiled ground chicken patty sandwiches rule! No more beefburgers for me as long as they make chipotle sauce to add zest...How come it took so long for the makers of pickup trucks to add locking toolboxes and fold-away steps to their beds? Brilliant idea, Detroit (Or Tokyo?)...We have entered into the 20th anniversary year of The Simpsons, whose debut on FOX in December of 1989 marked a new way to laugh for two decades now,and counting...Have we raised an entire generation of teenagers who are so well-insulated that, even on the coldest days, all they need is a hoody? Gone are the days of kids waiting for the school bus wearing huge puffy down jackets that made them resemble pineapples or hand grenades, 12-foot scarves, and stocking caps with pom-poms on top. Global warming or fashion sense? You make the call!..I wonder what the breakdown is, the percentage of how many of us watch - and how many don't - when we're being needlestuck for a blood sample. I don't mind that, and I have had spinal taps and cortisone injections with a needle so long that the doctor had to stand in the next room to hit the plunger, but you come near me with a dental needle and I freak...I have to go floss now...next time!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Congrats on that hole punch. You were reading my mind--I was trying to figure out a way to ask.

I watch when they take blood. In fact, the doc and I are just chatting away about whatever and the stick seems incidental. (However, I've never had a spinal tap. I doubt if we could chat if the doc was in the next room!)

Anonymous said...

I never look when blood is being taken. I try everything I can to just not think about it.

Congrats on the hole punch as well.

I, too, love the Simpsons! One of my favorites.