Being an old geezer retiree, I am able to keep up with the world because of my finely-honed computer skills, the most notable of which is being able to ask young people how to do computer stuff.
But I have a computer, scanner, cell phone, tablet, all the things that help me stay up on things, if you will.
I worked for Baltimore County, and every month since my golden retirement day of 3/1/12 I have received, via US Mail, a pay stub of sorts covering my pension check and the deductions, etc. That has been handy for Peggy to keep up with the financials around here.
But they don't do that anymore; as of this month retirees have to go online to a county portal and print out their "advice" (as they call that monthly printout.) It's no problem for me, but what about those who don't have a computer to keep their records straight?
It's like this creeping disappearance of shows that used to be on regular tv, but now you need cable. I guess it won't be long before all the NFL games are on cable only, along with the playoffs and Super Bowl.
We invented and developed and created ourselves right into a hole. What once was so simple ain't so much anymore.
Here's the wrong way to get connected...

No comments:
Post a Comment