Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Grohl up

I've not a huge fan of Dave Grohl, and from all accounts, he's doing fine without me. 

You know who liked him a lot, was my mother, who died at 89 in 2014. I am not kidding. She must have seen him on Letterman or something, but one day when were over at her senior high-rise she piped up out of the blue with, "I like that Dave Grohl."

I verified that she was indeed talking about the former Nirvana drummer-turned Foo Fighter frontman, and made a mental note to check with the medical staff at the high-ride in reference to Mom's pharmacopeia.



So how would Mom feel about the latest Grohl news? Most likely, she and Mrs Grohl, Jordyn Blum, were both as surprised as the other to find that Dave has fathered a baby with a woman who is not Jordyn Blum.

None of my business, since I am sure the baby will be raised in luxe circumstances, but it had to be tough for him to announce that he's “recently become the father of a new baby daughter, born outside of my marriage. I plan to be a loving and supportive parent to her.”

I've never been anywhere near this sort of situation, but I'm pretty sure it's not like he wants to take up skydiving or spelunking as a hobby.

And I might point out that he has three hobbies at home already:  Violet Maye, 18, Harper Willow, 15, and Ophelia Saint, 10.

I guess I'm old fashioned with my "one woman at a time" and "keep it in your pants" philosophies, but I predict a scene in which Daddy Dave is sitting around reading and asks his wife, "Honey, could you get me an iced tea, please? I'm tired because of running from house to house, and I'm bored because I heard one of my records on the radio, so whaddya say, huh?"

And you know the answer to that...

 

No comments: