Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Saturday Picture Show, August 24, 2024

 

In 1925, all vehicular and pedestrian traffic came to a halt in New York City for a mama cat and her little bitty baby.
Gotta be some sort of record: This sunflower reached 13 feet in height this sunny summer!

I don't know what you do for a living, but there are people whose work involves getting Mariah Carey ready to sing her Christmas song, and they are already on the job!

The Tide is rolling again! Classes (and football practice) are underway at the U of Alabama.
Ina Garten and I want to share our secret for the best bacon ever: Cook it in the oven and sprinkle brown sugar over it first!
This picture looks like it could have been taken last week, but it actually dates back to 1907! It shows a Thai woman posing in a Panung, their national costume.
Almost time for my favorite color!
Remember those "If you can draw this lumberjack, you might be on your way to big bucks as a commercial illustrator" ads? Here's how to practice by drawing Snoopy.
We have now lived in our house for 25 years, and yet, when I want to turn on a light upstairs or outside or in the foyer, I need a chart to tell me which switch switches which light. My idea of printing little labels is still under consideration.

For all of us who have an occasional lack of self-confidence, I share this little soliloquy from John Candy as Del Griffith in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." The message lives on: once you get to the point of liking yourself, it doesn't matter who else does.

No comments: