Monday, April 8, 2024

Mr Machine

News Item:  Apple has reportedly launched a hush-hush project to develop a personal robot as the iPhone maker seeks to find “the next big thing” after its failed foray into manufacturing an autonomous electric car.

This is the news we have been waiting for. I'm still not sold on electric cars, since we hear all the time about people having trouble making the battery charge last long enough to find an outlet, if you will, for their hobby machine. There just doesn't seem to be a sufficient quantity of charging stations, and then, when you do get the battery juiced up, they tend to catch fire, leaving your car a charred pile of rubble.

But a home robot! Now, you're talking! Imagine having a full-sized, real-life Mr Machine clanking around the house. Think of the things I could have him do, saving precious time to do I don't know what-all!

  • empty the dishwasher
  • make our morning tea and coffee
  • go out and get the newspaper off the driveway
  • fry my bacon and eggs
  • clean the pan and plates
  • wipe off the countertop and stovetop
  • make sure my tablet is charged and my seltzer tumbler is full



And that's just before lunch! Playing with Eddie The Cat would still be my job. I'm not giving everything over to this mechanical wonder, after all.






 

1 comment:

Andrew W. Blenko said...

I remember the tv commercials for Mr. Machine!