Thursday, June 8, 2023

Bo knows

I've heard of long-term hiccups; have you? I mean, for most of us, two minutes dealing with what the doctors call "synchronous diaphragmatic flutter, or singultus" is plenty enough.

And now Bo Jackson, former great major leaguer in two sports - baseball and and football - is dealing with a case of hiccups that started almost a year ago! And USA Today reports that Bo will now undergo a procedure in an attempt to cure the chronic ailment.

“I’ve had the hiccups since last July and I’m getting a medical procedure done to try to remedy it,” Jackson, 60, said during an appearance on “McElroy and Cubelic in the Morning” on WJOX-FM in Birmingham, Alabama.   

A case of hiccups means you have repeated spasms of the diaphragm, and all of a sudden, your vocal cords close. The Mayo Clinic says that might mean an underlying medical condition. 

But they stress that hiccups lasting months is an extremely rare thing. 

Bo says "doctors have been probing me every way they can to find out why I’ve got these hiccups” but the cause of his condition remains a mystery. 

He's a man with the strength to snap a baseball bat in his bare hands! And now this... I wish him the best.







No comments: