Saturday, July 23, 2022

The Saturday Picture Show, July 23, 2022

 

As Godawful hot as it's been in the entire world this week, let us pause and all say the magic word "Blizzard" as one.
I don't know one butterfly from another, except for this guy, the Monarch, and that's because he looks just like the Maryland state flag.
I never once patronized a Fotomat. I would get my pictures printed at KMart, which gave me an excuse for buying a ten-gallon bag of popcorn and a Slush Puppie. And I didn't want to be accused of contributing to the claustrophobia of a minor. 
I know they had to do it for the ad, but the label on this cheese shaker is on  ǝpᴉsdn uʍop.
This is a water tower on Rte. 66 in Groom, Texas, where a man named Ralph Britten operated a truck stop and diner. The deal was, he brought the tower to his location and got it to lean by pushing it with a bulldozer, so that people passing by would pull up and run into the diner in alarm, hollering that the water tower was about to topple over. Ralph would then say, "It's all right, pahdner, come on in and have you sumpin' to eat!"
Life is simply a matter of having the right tools and knowing what to use on what.
We can build lighthouses all we want. Nature can light up the night any time she takes a notion to.
Next winter's wool coats are looking great!
I think that red licorice should be kept around the house in case one needs to caulk a red wall.
I say you turn this old manual typewriter over, knock some of the dirt out of it, and put in a fresh ribbon, and you can really go to town. They don't make them like this anymore. In fact, they don't even make them anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best part of my weekend! Thanks Mark.