Sunday, July 17, 2022

Blank space

 There's no Sunday Rerun for today, on acct. of the simple fact that I never got around to posting one.

And there was a time long ago when making a mistake like that would have caused me to put on an emotional hairshirt, burdening myself with guilt and recriminations all the day long.

But here I sit early on a Sunday morning sipping a cup of tea. We have friends who have been terribly inconvenienced by not having electricity since Tuesday's storm tore half the county all up. We have friends in dire circumstances, friends facing awful medical sadness, and friends with hearts torn asunder.

And we have friends who help friends deal with their pains and sorrows, friends whose souls light up the world with love and joy.

On balance, I don't have anything to complain about, and I'm no longer willing to lock myself in a pillory for making a mistake. I've made plenty of them over the years and will continue to do so!

And what am I going to do about it? 

I'm going to smile and try again.


I love to share pictures of interesting people, places, and things. Here's one of Barron Trump interacting with normal-sized people. 



No comments: