Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Something new

Many of us repeat an oft-heard canard which holds that "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

I don't know. I'm no nutritionist, but I can't see that anything involving Cap'n Crunch (real name: Horatio Magellan Crunch) is important in the overall scheme of everything. I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy, or sausage and hominy for breakfast. I had enough cereal in my early days!

But for those who like a crunchy flake, today is a big day, because orange juice giant Tropicana has brought forth into this world a new product that marries two fast-breaking favorites: cereal and orange juice.




Today, May 4th, is the first day for this new cereal called Tropicana Crunch.  And if you jump on the Tropicana Instagram page, you might win a box of what they are calling "the first cereal made for OJ (and maybe the last)."

It's a honey-almond cereal and it's designed to swim in a lake of OJ instead of milk.  

"Prepare your mind and cereal bowl for an unforgettable breakfast experience," the company said on their website.

I know the cereal world is always looking for innovations. They are now selling little snack pouches of dry cereal so you can walk around eating your Chex and Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch remix.

Go try this new cereal, and let me know what you think. I'll be the guy over here with my sausage and grits.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m with you.