Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Saturday Picture Show, March 28, 2020

I sift through a lot of pictures to assemble a packet of 8 for every Saturday, but I guess the last time a photograph puzzled me this much was the one showing a pizzeria that closed for lack of business. I guess this means the Devil had an auction in 1867, but beyond that, I don't know what in Hell is going on here.
No Tokyo Olympics this year and the picture tells you why.
The latest construction material for a whimsical deck for your house is called Ostrich Wood.
To be this good at Origami, one need not be Koi.
Thousands of Americans all over the world are stuck in place because of the COVID-19, and for that matter, people from all the world are stuck in America, unable to get home for the same reason. In Nepal, one restaurant is setting a great example, and I'm sure there are eateries here being generous as well.
This is a contemporary photo, but with the light dim and certain filters applied, it sure looks like a street scene from the 19th Century, doesn't it? I mean, as we assume things looked in the 19th Century. None of us were around then.
Here's an interesting flower - it's called the Night Sky Petunia.
I mean, when the pandemic is over, and it will be, the first movie this theater shows will have to be "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," right?  OK. It's over. Go home. Oh wait. You are at home. Good! Stay there!

No comments: