Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas 2020

It's hard to believe this hellacious year will finally come to an end next week, and even though we keep saying, "Things will be better in 2021," there's no certainty behind that.

Except that there are vaccines coming for us, and even though many people are saying they will refuse the shots, that's on them, and those of us who take the needles will be vaccinated against that part of the herd that refuses to join in. It's their call, but I already have my sleeve rolled up. I'm ready.

It seems odd to say, but I think Peggy and I will be just as happy to remain more or less isolated in the future, even when we get the go-ahead to cluster in restaurants and ballparks and wherever particular people congregate. We fully appreciate that we were able to stay home, and could afford to do so. 

The economy is in tatters and there are going to be problems stemming from this virus for years to come. The turning of a page on a calendar means nothing, but the chipper spirit that saw this country through wars and terrorist acts and weather disasters and countless calamities will see us through this, too. I feel confident and I hope you do as well. Be of good cheer; the holidays are here! 

No comments: