Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Saturday Picture Show, August 15, 2015

I saw this on a t-shirt, our local area code 410 with the Orioles 'O' logo pinch hitting for the 0.  Representing the four-one-oh!
What's sad is that so many people only know enough about other people to dislike them intensely just for being what they are.
Back-to-school time, and I'm certain there is an app for this now, so that little Marmaduke and Priscilla can play with a cootie catcher without the need to touch that oogie paper, but feel free to print this out and amaze the kids with your manual dexterity!
This past week, it was possible all over the world to say, "I'm going outside to take a shower!"  The Perseid meteor shower, that is, seen here over Romania.
So you think you can up with some pretty awful puns, do you? Well, toucan play at that game!
I love to drive by plowed fields and see that the farmer has left the trees alone to do their thing. Some things grow for a season, some for several lifetimes.
I'm going to take my life in my hands and go to the movie theater this Thanksgiving weekend to see this movie. "I Saw The Light" features English actor Tom Hiddleston as Alabama-born Hiram King "Hank" Williams, who pretty much invented the modern country music that Keith Urban and Fla/Ga Line and The Band Perry and others are currently mutilating.
This week's good old album cover is a record that I have on vinyl, cassette, CD (original and updated versions) and DVD.  In its early days, Cheap Trick featured their good-looking guys Robin Zander and Tom Petersson on the front cover and goofyboys Rick Nielsen and Bun E. Carlos on the back.  This live album still sounds great today and always will, as long as people are singing along with "I Want You to Want Me" and "Surrender"!

No comments: