Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Saturday Picture Show, November 2, 2013 (Special 'Happy 88th birthday to my mom!' Edition

This is the scene where, on January 31, 1957, New York gangster Sammy Santoro met his end by being shot 4 times in the head.  It's at 475 1/2 Hicks St in Brooklyn.  The black and white 1957 images were photoshopped in with a current photo of the building.  I am shocked - shocked! - to see that gangsters wore white socks.
 The only word I know in Swedish is "IKEA, " so I don't know how they say it over there, but "glorious" is the word that comes to mind to describe this Swedish sunset.
It was a foggy night in New York City.  That's how millions of stories have begun.
This appeals to my decorating sense, such as it is. I saw this in Lancaster, PA, the other day.  Now,  I have two old, beatdown, wooden ladders in the shed, and I never dreamed that they could be a handy stand on which to put other things.  Instant display! I will sell either of my paint-dripped wobblers for $500 each, or two for $1200. 

No comments: