Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Big difference!

I saw that guy Rick Santorum, the former senator from the state of Pennsylvania, on TV the other morning.  I was flipping around and, I don't know, maybe the batteries need replacing in the remote, but it got stuck on one of those crazy channels and as I feverishly pressed "Channel UP" I saw Santorum, with that self-righteous smirk on his face, saying, "Barack Obama doesn't believe in freedom of religion.  He believes in freedom of worship!  And he doesn't seem to know that there's a difference."

According to my Merriam Webster dictionary, religion means     " the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance"

and worship means "reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power; also : an act of expressing such reverence"

So I don't see a difference.  This is not the 700 Club, I don't go on about your religion, or mine.  But I have to wonder just what point is Santorum, the man who once said,"Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that's okay, contraception is okay. It's not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be" trying to make when he says religion and worship are different things.

By the way, my contraception license is due to expire in 2081. I got a special extension, so to speak.

And speaking of comedy performers, how about this "it's a whole different thing" from NBC?

NBC’s legendary series “The Tonight Show” is paying tribute to the past, and will change its name when Jimmy Fallon comes aboard in February.
The show, now officially known as “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” is getting a tweak and will become known as “The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon,” according to Deadline.
The change from “with” to “starring” echoes of the early days of the show, when it was known as “The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson.”
So there is a huge diffy-diff between The Tonight Show WITH Jimmy Fallon and the The Tonight Show STARRING Jimmy Fallon?  How many people will say, "You know, honey, I wasn't about to watch that show, what with his forced humor and obsequious efforts to appeal to everyone from cradle to grave,  but now that they say the show STARS Jimmy Fallon, how can we not?"
How can we?  There's a real difference, ain't there?




No comments: