Thursday, June 14, 2012

What's On Your Mind?

You'll be Facebookin' and you see a status that doesn't really tell you all you want to know...such as..

  • I don't know how much longer he's going to be around
  • Thanks for your concern - it really helps
  • It's so sad.
  • Is this thing ever going to heal???
  • Sometimes I just don't know why I even care anymore
And that's ALL it says!


And then, if this person is a good friend - as in a Real Life Good Friend, not just a Facebook friend - you click on them and scroll down through their last dozen or so status messages to see just what the heck they're talking about.

It never says anything about it.

So why do people puzzle us like that?  Why not say, as in the first example - my 17-year-old hermit crab came down with a terrible case of nepotism and we don't know if he will be around to blow out 18 candles.  Or, my spouse's deadbeat Uncle Roscoe has been sponging off of us for three weeks, but he said something about leaving the other night, so we don't know how much longer he's going to be around...

I tend to fret about my friends and I just don't like to worry needlessly!  I just don't know how how much longer I'm going to be able to breathe (life into the old sad, tired stories I tell over and over).


No comments: