Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A REALLY Desperate Housewife

You will remember that actress Felicity Huffman got in trouble and even went to jail for paying a guy $15,000 to raise her daughter's SAT scores.  Now four years removed from her grueling 14 days at the Ironbar Hilton, Huffman is far from contrite: she told an interviewer last week that she knew what she did was wrong, paying an SAT fixer to have her daughter's test paper get a much higher score than it deserved. But she added that she “felt like I would be a bad mother if I didn’t do it.”

Huffman Family! Bad answer!

The “Desperate Housewives” star was only one of several hotshot Hollywoodites involved in that college admissions scandal. But so far she is the only one of them to say anything this stupid: 

“It felt like I had to give my daughter a chance at a future,” she told ABC last week. “So it was sort of like my daughter’s future, which meant I had to break the law.”


And since her daughter did not have the grades or high-enough SAT scores, Felicity and her husband  William H. Macy paraded over to meet with one Rick Singer, who took their money and had his accomplice Mark Riddell handle the grade-fixing, because this is how we accomplish things in this society, through crime.

She said she believed Singer. In 2017, the consultant met with the Hollywood pair and explained how the scheme worked. He said he “controlled” a private school in West Hollywood where Huffman’s daughter would take the exam. Singer’s accomplice, Mark Riddell, would proctor the exam and correct their daughter’s answers after she finished the test.

“So when he slowly started to present the criminal scheme it seemed like... that was the only option to give my daughter a future,” Huffman continued.

And studying harder and learning enough to get a higher grade never seemed like an option?

Incidentally, I remember asking my guidance counselor in high school what I got on my SAT tests. He looked at the paper and said, "It looks like mustard and catsup."


No comments: