Saturday, August 19, 2023

The Saturday Picture Show, August 19, 2023

 

I'm sharing this without comment, except to report that it was posted as "Bathtub shared by roommates, one female, one male."
After we hear from Janet on this, we should see who else in the room has been hysterical. 
Is it really necessary to label your Corolla with a vanity tag that says the same thing? It reminds me of these people who get a Dymo or Brother Tag Maker and set about labelling every single item in their house. 
You remember the autoharp from fourth-grade Music class. I asked the teacher if we could play "Take an Old Cold Tater (And Wait)" by "Little" Jimmy Dickens and got nothing but an old cold stare.
Wouldn't this be a great place for a stroll on a crisp Autumn afternoon?

Sunflower season! Where's everyone going this year to walk among the mammoth plants?
Cursive writing practice from 1910, found in an old bureau in Baltimore and written by Alexander Cummings. Do they still teach cursive? 
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome warmly, The Discontinued Colors Of Crayola! I always have to check to make sure my favorite, Burnt Sienna, is still around.
There was a time when signs told the story of a business, and even those who could not quite read the words knew this would be the place to get new soles and heels on those beat-up brogans.
There have been 488 episodes of the original (and still best) Law & Order on NBC. We like to pick one out to enjoy Sunday Breakfast With Lennie! You can't beat this cast, with Jerry Orbach as Det. Lennie Briscoe.

2 comments:

Andrew W. Blenko said...

They do not still teach cursive! How will my kids write a check? I guess they’ll just use Venmo.

Janet Farrell said...

I want to report that I am not now, nor have I ever been hysterical! (Well maybe just once or twice…)