Wednesday, February 15, 2023

This must be the bottom

I guess this is not something new to any of us, but let me just share just the facts...

A KFC worker was shot in the stomach after telling a customer the restaurant was out of corn, Missouri police say.

The shooting happened in December, at a KFC on the west side of St. Louis.

The story goes into detail. The man was in the drive-thru, and when told he could not have the corn he ordered with his chicken dinner, he started out making threats over the "WelcometoKFCmayItakeyourorderplease" squawk box, and then pulled up to the pick-up window, brandishing a gun.


Against all good advice, but with good intention, a 25-year-old employee went outside to confront the man, only to return swiftly, saying he had been shot once in the abdomen. Removed to a hospital, the employee was listed in critical, but stable condition.

The story hangs there; I can't find a followup, and I hope that means the employee pulled through.

Secondarily, I hope they got the guy, but I doubt it.

I want to ask rhetorically if this is the nation we have become, where we have lost all sense of proportion and dignity, and are willing to unleash potentially murderous gunfire on a fellow human being over a damn cup of second-rate KFC canned corn?

Clearly we are, and that means we are in trouble. This entire nation is losing its collective mind, and everyone but you and I should be sent to bed with no supper and made to think about just what is going on here.

No dessert and no TV, either.


 

No comments: