Saturday, February 25, 2023

The Saturday Picture Show, February 25, 2023

 

After a lengthy period of rebuilding, the Baltimore Orioles are set to take the field at Oriole Park at Camden Yards for what should be an exciting season with lots of wins. I take a different tack about how I feel when the team wins; I love watching the game played by people who are the best at it, and that's the pleasure for me, the poetry of the game. Wins and losses, I don't take personally, but wins are more fun, certainly.
Baltimore, set against a late winter sky. Very pretty.
I'm certain that many of you are Peeps fans and look forward to your springtime marshmallow treats. You can have any Peeps that come my way, and all the Pepsi, too. I will trade them for your unwanted peanuts and Grapefruit Seltzer. By the way, someone was asleep at the switch at this company, and missed the chance to label this drink "Peepsi."
I never worked in a shoe store, but my sister did. Someone must know, is this a common way of shipping shoes to stores...a ton of right shoes, and then the lefts?
Add to the long list of things I don't get: science fiction. I don't believe there are Martians looking for a place to land so they can take over Earth, and I don't think AI or manmade robots are trying to nudge us out of the way, either.
She lifts her lamp beside the golden door, but we rarely see this view of Lady Liberty.
This is an exhibit at the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore. It seems like it was two weeks, not two decades ago, when the big President's Day blizzard collapsed the roof there, but they are back on track now.
This hellacious, atrocious mess is what was left behind by revelers in New Orleans at a Mardi Gras parade. I wouldn't dream of tossing a used toothpick on the ground, and look at what people are willing to do with the detritus of their fun evening.
It started with those Little Free Libraries, and then we saw the Stick Library near the dog park, and now here is a sled loaner. But where's the snow? Where's the SNOW???
My wonderful wife is into adult coloring books, and our friend Gail introduced her to reverse coloring books in the pages of which are printed amorphous shapes, onto which one draws the edges. It's quite interesting, and so is this new way of doing jigsaw puzzles: taking puzzle pieces to form an approximate image of the original picture. I need the New York TIMES to come up with a reverse Wordle for me.


1 comment:

Andrew W. Blenko said...

Peepsi - lol