Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Saturday Picture Show, April 27, 2019

There may come a time when you have to light a candle to find a lightbulb for the lamp!
I found a lot of pictures this week that I thought might make good wallpapers, like this beachy delight.
These guys must have heard you were handing out walnuts.
Ulysses S. Grant was a better general than president, but still, he's on the fifty-dollar bill, and I wish I had more of them to show you.
I think I'll name this bald guinea pig "Jack." Or "Kojak."
One crossbuck, four scenes of nature.
When I was a kid, everybody and his brother had a parakeet. You could hear them chirping in the background when you called a friend to find out if he wanted to go to the Three Stooges Movie Festival on Saturday. Are parakeets still popular?
Presented without comment is this 1954 picture of Arsenal goalkeeper Jack Kelsey, who stayed alone on the field, not realizing that the game had been called 15 minutes earlier due to fog. At least, that's the legend around this picture. I'm already half asleep just looking at it.

No comments: